Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our pieces are handmade to order, please allow 1-2 weeks for fabrication time before your order ships. Your item will usually be shipped within a week, but please understand handmade can take a little extra time.
Shipping within the U.S. is a flat rate of $4. All orders are mailed First Class via USPS.
If you require faster shipping than First Class within the US please contact us.
International buyers are responsible for any customs fees that may arise. Tracking is not usually available for international shipments.
Methods & Materials
It is our goal to have a clean metal working studio. We strive to do this by using recycled metals, conflict free metals (metals mined in conflict free regions), recycled and organic fibers, cruelty free feathers, "shed" bone or antler, etc. here are a few studio practices currently in place:
- All precious metals are recycled, upcycled or repurposed
- Metal scraps are saved, sorted, and recycled/re used
- We use reusable rags
- We use low impact "chemicals" for cleaning (like alum for our "pickle")
- Packaging is recycled (save boxes - which can be recycled). We do reuse packaging from supply shipments.
- We often offer re-usable keep sake bags for our smaller jewelry items.
All metals are sourced from reputable companies in the USA or Australia and are lead-free. Most of our work is hand crafted here in our Arizona studio. Our hand picked curatorial items are made by artisans who share our philosophy and environmental awareness (*please see their personal websites/blogs/shops for their studio practices).
Your jewelry (and any other metal objects) will develop a natural patina (unless they already have one), especially when exposed to heat and humidity. To restore a shiny finish, use a jewelry/metal polishing cloth, or for a more matte finish - use a little baking soda mixed with water or salt and lemon juice. (Avoid using baking soda or salt on gemstones as it may scratch the surface)
Tips to prevent tarnish:
- Heat and humidity accelerate oxidization, so avoid leaving jewelry in the bathroom or wearing it while showering or bathing.
- Limit contact between jewelry and cosmetics/lotions.
- Wear jewelry a lot (this will help polish it up simply by rubbing against your skin/clothing).
Our jewelry is made from brass, bronze, copper and sterling silver. All of our brass, bronze and copper is lead free, but we cannot guaranty that it is nickel free. We do not seal most of our jewelry and it may turn your skin black or green (if you have a nickel sensitivity).
*Naturally aged verdigris green copper patina earrings and pendants will often seem to "lose" their patina over time - due to contact with skin oils - to bring back that special verdigris color simply wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol.
Wall Hanging Care
Our wall hangings (with fiber) are like any fine fiber art - they should not be washed. If they become dusty they can be gently shaken outside, gently dusted with a dusting cloth or devise or wiped with a slightly moist clean rag or paper towel. We do not recommend hanging your fiber art dvAra in a bathroom or kitchen.
Hook, DIY wall hanging and general copper, brass and bronze care:
Brass, bronze and copper naturally tarnish. We do not seal our bronze, brass or copper. Moisture will accelerate the natural patina (tarnish or coloring) process. There are several techniques available to remove patina and re shine your bronze, brass or copper products (if you would like to do so).
- To clean: simply rub gently with lime/lemon juice and salt, rinse, dry with a soft cloth. Alternately you can use "Barkeepers Friend" or "Bon Ami".
- To shine: use commercial brass and copper polishing compounds such as "Brasso" or silver polish.
- To retain longer shine (after removing patina): wax with bees wax or Marseille wax.
Repair fees vary, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote. If an item breaks during normal wear and tear, we will repair it free of charge within three months of your purchase. You are responsible for shipping fees.
Returns & Exchanges
Please contact us at email@example.com if you'd like to return or exchange your item. Returns and exchanges are accepted within 14 days of arrival, and items must be in their original condition. Buyers are responsible for shipping charges. We are not responsible for packages that are lost or damaged in transit. Sales of custom pieces are final.